Saturday, November 20, 2010




I have to say that I have been a little stressed this past week. I have only gotten bead drops made for Canton. That is all! So, if you are needing bead drops, please stop by our booth...we will have plenty. LOL! On a more serious note, my oldest sister Diann is in the process of a kidney transplant and one of my other sisters Denise will be the donor(if the rest of the testing goes as good as it has been.) Please keep them both in your prayers, and lets hope for a new kidney by Christmas. Yesterday started out at 6:50 with a phone call from Diann needing something...I got out of bed, got my son ready for school, we go to the garage, get in the truck and start pulling out, and the garage door falls on the hood of my truck....(just made the second payment this week).... after a few "choice" words, we make it out of the garage and off to school. I get to my sisters, call her and tell her that I am there and to answer the door. She says OK. Now I am in shorts and a t-shirt, and flip flops....it is 40 something degrees. I wait and no answering at the door. I call two more times and she says ok. Still no answer. Finally I remembered she had given me a key earlier this month, and I used that. She is sitting in her bedroom just waiting for me. I said "why didn't you open the door" she said "I didn't know you were here." Okay, I knew she had either just went crazy or was really sick. I get her dressed and head to my house to get dressed. Pull up into the drive way and my youngest golden retriever is out running the neighborhood. I get her back in the house, get dressed and head to the hospital. My sisters kidney function is down to 5% working. They say that they get confused and disoriented when this happens, now this explains why she didn't answer the door. Diann went in to surgery for an emergency port for Dialysis last night around 5:00pm. She is having her first dialysis today. Let's hope that this will work until she gets her new kidney. Please, keep her in your thoughts. Thanks for listening, and I hope everyone has a really "thankful" Thanksgiving. I love you Diann!
Deidra

9 comments:

  1. sending prayers to your sister and your whole family..kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Deidra ~
    I will so be praying for your sisters that
    all goes well ~
    It does sound like a very stressful
    day and week ~
    Your booth is beautiful even if you did not
    have a chance to create anything else ~

    Lots of hugs and prayers,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: I am thinking of both of your sisters. I hope all goes well for them both and that you can be their biggest cheerleader! (I'm thinking of you too.)
    I love all of the old roses on your blog page.

    Hugs,
    Candylei

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will surely be keeping your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with your family right now. Please let us know how she is doing, Diann is so lucky to have you and Denise! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers for your family that all goes well. You have two brave sisters and they have a loyal one.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a crazy day you had. I'm so sorry about your sister-I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would be happy to pray for your sisters. May God bless all of you. Blessings, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and your family!! Prayers going up for your sisters!
    Carol from GA

    ReplyDelete