Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boy has this been a full and I have to say "sad" time for me and my family since I last wrote on our "junkin"blog! After our great Canton weekend, my mother-in-law passed away on 9-9-09. She had fought a long and hard battle with alzheimer's disease and really had struggled this past 3 weeks. We laid her to rest this past Mon. and now I am just trying to get myself in the mood to get ready for Canton! It does make me smile though to know that she is free of all her pain and watching down on those she left behind....she was such a kind and sweet lady! I am thankful for the rain we have had this past week, but I sure need the Sun to Shine again! Guess I will go get busy as I do have soooo much to work on! God Bless and have a great week!! Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I wish y'all were coming to Warrenton, too! I am not sure when I will be here for the next first Monday, but, I do need to come see y'all when I can. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy ~ I am sorry about your mother in law ~ it is so hard when they have alzheimers and a blessing but so very difficult when they go ~
    ~
    hugs
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. We are heading to Round Top the weekend of Canton, so won't see you this month. Have a great time.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there girl, lovely to hear from you but I am so sorry about your sad news.....Life goes on but who ever said it would be easy..This has been a trying year for a ton of people including myself-but we do get stronger from it-or so I have to believe that...LOve Tiina...Maybe I might get lucky enough to get my bohind to Canton.....Hugzzz....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Junkin Girls, Love your Blog. You really have the talent. Thanks for stopping by my blog its nice to start off and see new followers. Cathy sorry to hear about your Mother inlaw. My prayers are with your family.
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ladies: Just found your blog via a galpal...whimsey. Love what you have and am crazy about the glass crucifix's. So sorry to hear of your mother in law's passing. My grandfather was taken by alzheimers about 20 years ago. He suffered for several years with it and it was so hard on everyone to see a vibrant man disintegrate. My thoughts are with you family. Will stop by and visit again and when you have a moment, swim on over to my blog (musingsofaseawitch.blogspot.com)
    Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I have old eyes. I just realized after looking at your one photo, this is not a collection of glass crucifix's but lovely bottles with ribbons on them. Still crazy about the collection in spite of my visual shortcomings. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete